When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, July 7, 2016

Control Your Tempers


A temper can be a terrible thing to unleash on someone else.  I have learned in my life, that although physical abuse hurts, the words said in anger are the ones you never forget.  Sometimes, working with the public stretches my temper to the limits.  People are not always nice to one another.  I can't change the way anyone feels about the Post Office, but I can change the way my office treats any of the customers who walk through the doors.  I have learned that if you "kill them with kindness", you are really killing enemies and making new friends.  People usually respond better to kind words than to aggressive posturing.  
How beautiful is it to respond with kindness when someone is expecting you to be enraged.  I wish I could say that I never spoke an angry word, but I would certainly be lying through my teeth!  I can say that I am better now than I used to be, but not as good as I would like to be.  
My goal is to get to the point in my life where I never find it necessary to raise my voice in anger.  I am trying to learn to channel it a little bit better.  


No comments:

Post a Comment