When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, July 1, 2016

Glow Yourself



First, we have to take care of ourselves.  First, we have to find our own lights.  Then, once we are glowing, we can spread that light to others.  It seems easy, but it can be so hard. 
I love candles.  I love the way they flicker and glow and light up a room in the darkness.  A long time ago, when I was small, we weren't allowed to play with matches.  When the lights went out, my mom always lit the house with candles.  I even had them in my room, but the only way that I was allowed to light it, was to hold the wick next to one that was already lit. 
I would get so excited to see the light I was holding flicker into life with the flame from my mother's candle. 
Her light spread to me.  My light would flare to life and grow because of her one small flame.  So it is in life.  Our lights grow as we share them with others.  Our testimonies become stronger, our faith more sure, our lights more bright.  When we share, we are not weakened, we are strengthened. 
As I struggle in my own life, I find that I am strengthened by sharing my thoughts and feelings with those around me.  We might not always see eye to eye, but we can always share heart to heart and light to light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment