When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, October 6, 2016

Bringing Light - Women's Conference

I


 
Will Bring the Light of the Gospel into My Home
Jean B. Bingham
First Counselor in the Primary General Presidency
 
Oh how I loved this talk!  Since I  am now doing the music in primary, I was prepared for the talk to "speak" to me specifically.  I didn't plan on how very much I needed to hear what Sister Bingham was saying. 
I love how she states that it is our obligation and privilege is to embrace improvement in everyone as we strive to become more like our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I love that it is a privilege to embrace improvement and not judge.  I know that I have sinned in my life, I have children who have struggled with arduous difficulties.  It is a comfort to me to think of becoming more Christ-like in my own actions as well as watching as others work to become that way also. 
I especially loved her question, "As sisters (and brothers) in Zion, will we commit to “all work together … to do whatsoever is gentle and human, to cheer and to bless in [the Savior’s] name”?
Can we, with love and high hopes, look for and embrace the beauties in others, allowing and encouraging progress? Can we rejoice in the accomplishments of others while continuing to work toward our own improvement?"
These were and are wonderful questions to me.  I often feel like so many people are competitive, instead of kind and cutthroat instead of caring.  What a wonderful idea to embrace the accomplishments of others. 
Yes, we can bring the light of the gospel into our homes, schools, and workplaces if we look for and share positive things about others and let the less-than-perfect fade away. Isn't that what the Savior does with each of us?  Doesn't He focus on what is good about us?  What is worth redeeming?  If we all had to get back to Him without His grace and mercy, not a single one of us would make it. 
What gratitude fills my heart when I think of the great gift of repentance that our Savior, Jesus Christ, has made possible for all of us through His infinite atonement.  We who have inevitably sinned in this imperfect and sometimes very difficult world!
How grateful I was to hear these words of wisdom today to remind me to walk more closely with Him and work together one with another to become more like Him in all my ways. 
 
1. As sisters in Zion, we'll all work together;
The blessings of God on our labors we'll seek.
We'll build up his kingdom with earnest endeavor;
We'll comfort the weary and strengthen the weak.
 
2. The errand of angels is given to women;
And this is a gift that, as sisters, we claim:
To do whatsoever is gentle and human,
To cheer and to bless in humanity's name.
 
3. How vast is our purpose, how broad is our mission,
If we but fulfill it in spirit and deed.
Oh, naught but the Spirit's divinest tuition
Can give us the wisdom to truly succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment