When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Modesty, Are You Doing It?



I really like this one.  The world would have us believe that there is really no such thing as modesty.  With as many children as we have, we have run the gambit of what is appropriate and what is not.  The older I get, the more modesty matters to me.  I want to be modest.  I want to feel comfortable in my own clothing.  I want others to be comfortable when they are around me.  I don't want to need to worry about what is showing and what is not. 
We have raised our girls and our boys to be modest.  I have learned that when we speak of modesty, we usually mean girls and women, but there is immodesty in men also.  I hate the phrase that girls have to dress modestly so that boys don't have bad thoughts about them.  I don't believe it is my responsibility to control anyone elses thoughts.   It is my responsibility to dress so that I am comfortable in the presence of any one else.  If I would not be comfortable, I probably should not be wearing it.  I am a child of God.  I the daughter of a Heavenly King.  Who I am is so important to who I want to become in this life, as well as in the next.  If we remember whose we are, our choices become just a little bit easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment