When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, October 28, 2016

More Faith

 


I love the scripture from Matthew:
“And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.”     Matthew 17:20
Just a little bit of faith.  Just a tiny amount, and we could accomplish so very much.  I think that He used the mustard seed specifically for a reason.   It is a very small seed, yet it grows into a very large tree.  I think that if we have even a small amount of faith, the Lord will help it grow within us until we can accomplish many great things in His name.  We have to plant faith through study and prayer.  We need to ponder upon the words and the scriptures.  We take those things into our lives and live as if we have faith.  We start to grow and learn and grow some more.  We come to know Him and as we do, our lives are changed.  We become blessed to see and to live and to become. 
There are so many blessings for each of us in these trying times.  It becomes easy to focus on the one big thing that is wrong, instead of the multitudes of small things that are actually right.  We become blinded by what we are looking at, instead of focusing on the other things that surround us. 
I believe that we all have just a little more faith that we think we have.  We have a little more belief, a little more hope, and a little more love.  Most of us are struggling, right where we are, to do our very best.  To become our best selves.  Many times we feel as if we are failing because we look to others to gage our own success. 
When I focus on where I have been, and what I have overcome in my life, I am amazed at the blessings that God has given to me.  His love and compassion overwhelms me.  It is only when I change my focus to "where I should be", that the doubts creep in.  I know that I "could've, would've and should've" myself right into the ground. 
I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows me.  He doesn't compare me to anyone else.  I am loved because of who I am and whose I am.  I am cared for and appreciated.  I am blessed in spite of myself.  Since He loves me, I know that He wants me to succeed in this life.  I am not quite sure what success for me will look like.  You see, I think that is only something that He can judge.  The things that I do, just might look much different than the things that you do.  It doesn't mean that He loves me less and you more. 
I believe, that just as I love each of my children for their own individuality and their own unique struggles and commitments, that He also loves us.  He is a much better parent than I will ever be.  He knows each and every one of us.  He knows our thoughts, our minds and our hearts.  He knows the things we have done, and He also knows the why. 
I think, that as I struggle to find that teeny tiny bit of faith within my heart, I also struggle to become just a little more like Him. 
Perhaps that is what makes all the difference.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment