When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Monday, November 7, 2016

Compliment People


 
Oh, this one hit me hard today.  If we could only complement each other more and find fault a little less!  I used to tell my children that they needed to stick together.  They would be in each others lives forever, they should be friends and not enemies.  They should be kindest to each other, and not save that for only friends.   It was hard when they were younger.  They fought over so many little things.  We all have our own opinions and ideas and ways of doing something.  Just because it is different, doesn't make it wrong. 
We live in a society that never wants to take the blame for anything.  We live in a world that is content to pass the blame to someone else.  "Mr. Nobody" lives forever in our communities.  It can be so frustrating when people pass the time by criticizing or talking about others.  I keep asking myself, how often am I guilty of the same thing?  Or even worse, how often do I say nothing when others are speaking badly of someone?   I think that we give quiet consent when we choose to allow it to go one in our presence.  
I love the idea of talking about others strengths.  Of focusing on what they do well, instead of what they do wrong.  This month, I am going to try and be thankful for the blessings of others, no matter what they bring to the party.  I am going to try to more vocally acknowledge strengths.  We all have things we do well.  We all have things we don't do well.  But I am thinking that the more positive I can be, the more it will help others to feel good about themselves.  The more they feel good about themselves, the more likely they are to be positive.  I think the world can always use a little more positive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment