When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, December 31, 2016

Be Patient With Yourself

 Be patient with yourself!
Those words have become a mantra to me.  I am the person who doesn't care about the sins of another.  It is easy to forgive in most instances.  It is easy for me to believe in the Atonement and sacrifice of the Savior for someone else.   It becomes much harder to believe that it will happen for me.  I really don't understand why I separate myself from others.  Maybe it is because when I look back, I see the person that I Should Have been.  I see the decisions that I Could Have made.  Maybe it is because I look at myself through eyes that want to see perfection, and I always come up short. 
So, I am going to work hard on finding patience for myself and my own short comings.  I know that I am not a very patient person, and perhaps that is the thing that I need most to discover. 

James 1:3 
"Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience". 

President Uchtdorf, in a talk given to women back in 2011, reminded women that everyone has strengths and weaknesses—that no one is perfect, even those who may seem so.
“God wants to help us eventually turn all of our weaknesses into strengths, but He knows that this is a long-term goal,” President Uchtdorf said. “It is OK that you are not quite there yet. Keep working on it but stop punishing yourself. “
“Dear sisters, many of you are endlessly compassionate and patient with the weaknesses of others,” he added. “Please remember also to be compassionate and patient with yourself.”

So, as I seek to make positive changes in my life, I am seeking to have patience with myself.  I am seeking to forgive myself.  I am seeking to have compassion for the person who has made so many mistakes.  Perhaps the problem is that I want so much to be perfect.  I want to change.  I want the storms to cease and the waves to ebb.  I want to like the person that I have become. 
Satan is so good at telling us partial truths and lies.
He would say, Why try, you will never be enough. 
Lie, we might not be enough now, but with God all things are possible.  And with His sacrifice, we can be enough exactly as we are.
He would say, You have made too many mistakes to ever be loved.
Lie, Lie, Lie.  Jesus Christ Atoned for our sins.  Yours and Mine.  He knows what mistakes we have made.  He knows how badly we want to change.  He knows our minds and our hearts and our doubts and our fears.  He loves us in spite of all those things. 
You are enough.  You are loved.  You are wanted.  You are needed.  You are His. 

No comments:

Post a Comment