When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, April 15, 2017

Seven Steps to Happiness





Happiness can feel so elusive at times, especially when you are going through something that hurts your heart.  Something that you never imagined you would ever be faced with.  I know that the Lord wants us to have joy, even in the times of trial.  He wants us to find happiness within ourselves and through the service that we provide to others.  Those others can, and often do, involve our families. 
It is easy for me to focus so much on the trial, that I forget to see the things around me that are indeed joys.  I found this little quote on the internet.  (What would we do without technology!!) and I really like it.  It reminds me that I can do something about the way I feel, even if it is only small.  I can make a different choice. 
The first time one of my grandchildren spent the night, he was a little nervous about it.  His mom never let him stay overnight anywhere and Grammys house was no exception.  We had a lot of fun.  We went sledding, we bounced on the trampoline, we fed the chickens and made dinner.  But when it came time for bed, he got a little bit teary eyed.  I let him call his mom to wish her a good night, and in a very quavering voice he said, "I think maybe I should have made a different choice".  He was not quite ready to leave the comfort of home. 
He slept over and had more fun the next day and by the time he went home he was fine.  He had a wonderful weekend, and he forgot about "the choice".  He remembered the fun time that he had with his brother and the things that they had done together. 
It is easy for us to focus so much on our sorrow of the moment, that we forget to find the joy that surrounds us.   Every single attitude in our life is a choice.  If I can just remember that when I am feeling a little on the less side, I will be able to find the more. 

John 16:22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment