When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Sweet and Simple


 
Newsflash:  Life is not made up of going from one big thing to another.  It is made up of going from small things with as much grace and dignity as we can muster.  Sometimes, I am dragged from something, sometimes I can skip and jump away, but really life is the memories of the small seemingly innocent moments that we live. 
 Today I want to remember:
The smell of a new baby's hair and skin as you count every one of their fingers and toes to make sure they are there.
The day I got married.  After all the hoopla, it was really just about the two of us, forever.  I wish I could have learned that so much sooner!
The smell of rain on the flowers and earth in the spring.
The sound of waves crashing on the shore.
The bugle of an Elk.
My baby's first steps.
My baby's first word.
The way it felt to rock them even when they were a little bit older.
The fierce love in my heart for every single one of them.
The joy of accomplishment.
The little arms that go tight around me neck and exclaim "I need to hold you!".
My point is that there are hundreds and even thousands of little things that are the real reason for going on.  Don't let that one big disappointment stand in your way.  Don't let the discouragement of a single moment pull you away from reality. 
Remember the little things and breath them in.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment