When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, April 4, 2017

The Blessings Will Come




Deuteronomy 28:1-2
And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God.

Sometimes, it feels like blessings are never going to come.  It is like my life is in the chaos of an endless winter.  I can't see the blessing that surround me because of the feeling of cold and snow that is so prevalent in my vision. 
I like this scripture because it reminds me that, just like spring, the blessings WILL come.  Not only will they come, but they will completely overtake me.  That is a pretty amazing promise. 
I am struggling with trusting the promises of the Lord.  That is a terrible place to be.  My heart knows His promises are sure, but my head keeps telling me "what if".  If only I could get my heart and my head in the same place, maybe I wouldn't worry quite so much. 
We each have things that are hard for us.  We all have differences and blessings.  I think that sometimes we focus so much on the perceived blessing of others, that we forget to find our own. 
So, since it is my head that has the problem, I am working on listing the blessing that I do have, and ignoring the ones that I think I want.  I know that as I focus on gratitude, my life will be more in tune with that I really have.  I also know, in ways that I don't yet understand, that my life is filled with blessings given from God. 
He has not left me out just because (for now), I cannot see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment