When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Touching Heaven



“To love another person
is to see the face of God.” 
- Victor Hugo, Les Miserables 
  
Oh how I love this play!  It is amazing and this is one of the most sensitive and profound statements in the entire play.   It reminds me that He is very aware of us, and whether we admit it or not, He is in everything around us. 
How many of you remember holding your very first baby?  The love that filled your heart and mind.  The all consuming, I would do anything and everything to give her or him the best life possible.  The physical need to hold the baby close and protect them from any harm.  The look of absolute trust and love in that baby's eyes.  Those eyes that seem to see into a world you were not privy to.  Those eyes that looked into yours and drew the very breath out of your lungs.  Those eyes that reminded you of eternity and beyond. 
I am amazed when I look into the eyes of a child and they look back at me in trust and love.  I literally feel God's love in that small gaze.  I feel His trust that He would give me the responsibility for one of His most precious children.  I wish we could hold on to that.  How I wish I could remember that moment when the child is talking back, not listening, yelling or even calling names.  I wish, that for that moment, I could recall God's gaze of love. 
Life happens, time passes, and each one of us have bad moments.  Looking back, there are so many things I could have, would have, and should have done differently.  So many ways to show God's love for each and every child.  But there are also so many ways that I did things right!  So many changes that I made to give my children a better life.  So many sacrifices and heartaches in the name of love.  So many things that I will never regret. 
Maybe, that is why I love being a Grandmother so much!  This is my moment to appreciate the love that I have been given in my own life.  It is my chance to be what each of these precious gifts, needs.  It is to be old enough, and mature enough to recognize God's face in the face of others, even when they are cranky or challenging.  It is to watch my children become amazing parents and grow and learn and do so much better than I did.
When we look for God's eyes in the eyes of those we love, we will find His love for us gazing back.  
We will find His peace and His joy.
Most of all, we will find His healing and His Grace.     

No comments:

Post a Comment