When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, April 20, 2017

What I learned - My Peace I leave with You

 
The Lord promised peace to His disciples
as He was about to leave them.
He has made the same promise to us.
 
This was an address given by President Henry B. Eyring.  I loved the sweet promise of peace.  "My message tonight is a simple one. We have all felt peace tonight. All of us would like to feel such peace often within ourselves, in our families, and with the people around us. The Lord promised peace to His disciples as He was about to leave them. He has made the same promise to us. But He said that He would give peace in His way, not in the world’s way. He described His way of sending peace:
“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:26–27)."
 
I loved this entire talk.  He reminded us again and again that the Holy Ghost is a comforter, but often the comfort that he brings is done in the Lord's way and not in the way we might expect or think we need.  Often, we serve to fulfill the needs of others.  We become truly His messengers as we seek to follow Him.  We are guided to those who need the comfort of the atonement and of the Savior in their lives. 
He talked about charity and what it really means.  Basically, it is the pure love of Christ.  I think it means to truly serve others without expecting anything in return.  It is in serving that we learn to love.  It is in nourishing those whose lives are filled with sorrow, that we learn to become more like Him.  I love that he Holy Ghost affects what we see when we look at others and also what we think. 
It is not about judging.  It is about loving each other as our Heavenly Father loves us.  May we each seek to hold that unity and love in our hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment