When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, January 17, 2018

He Understands


I believe that there are times in each one of our lives when we truly feel alone.  Even the Savior had that moment.  You remember the story.  He was on the cross and cried out, "my god, my god, why hast thou forsaken me?"
As we seek to become more like Him, we will finding ourselves facing things we never imagined. If I could go back to the girl I was, I would tell her to have confidence in her dreams.  I would remind her that very few things in this life are permanent.  The important things, are found in the things that last... Good memories, love, respect, eternal principles.  I would tell her to study and learn and pray.  I would tell her that more people love her than she knows.  I would remind her that she has a loving Heavenly Father who has been with her every step of the way.
Sometimes, I wish that life wasn't quite so difficult.  I wish that we took more time to love and to be loved.  I wish that we could see the insecurities of those around us.  Then we might not feel so very alone and lonely.
Most of all, I wish that we could feel for ourselves just a tiny bit of what I have come to know He feels for each one of us.  He loves us unconditionally.  He knows our strengths as well as our weaknesses.  He know who we are and who we can become. 
Trusting in Him and His timing is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  But I know He understands my heart.  I know He hears my pleas.  I know He has experienced my pain.  And, most of all, I know that only He has the power to heal my hurts. 
And so, today, I choose to trust Him.  Right this minute and this place of my life.  I don't know all the answers to all the important questions, but without a single doubt, I know that He love me and He loves you and He is with us, guiding out steps and helping us along the path.
Sometimes in life, we all feel so very alone.  We all have challenges we never imagined.
But through it all, we all have His love.

1 comment: