When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, January 19, 2018

Healing in His Wings


It has been a hard few years.  Maybe even a hard life.  Sometimes, I find it hard to feel hope.  I find it hard to remember God's love for me.  I feel alone, and lonely.  I feel broken.
Reading this reminds me that God loves the broken parts of me.  That He has a vision of the woman I am supposed to be, and that all I have done is not enough to have Him turn His back on me.  He created me.  He knows my name, He knows my Heart, He knows all the broken pieces that make up the person I have become.  This wonderful, loving Father of us all certainly has the power, not only to create us, but to heal our pain.  He has the power not only to forgive, and also to forget.

There is an old children's nursery rhyme that, I am sure, we all know. 
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the kings horses
And all the kings men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

That king was not the one who counts the feathers on every sparrow and knows their fall.  That king is not the one who felt compassion for the woman at the well.  That king is not the one who healed the leapers or raised the dead.  That king is not the one who created man in His image and after His likeness.  That king is not the one who loves us and feels with us and desires to comfort us.  He is not the one who heals our very hearts and souls.

I am so thankful for a King who is willing and able to put all my pieces back together again.  For one who is willing to stay with me in the darkest of times.  For one who never, ever, leaves me alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment