When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Monday, January 22, 2018

The magnitude of Trust


I am trying to remember this in my day to day moments.  I feel overwhelmed way too much of the time.  I have a hard time seeing the person that God trusts to get everything done.  I put a lot of expectations upon myself, and when I fail, I fail spectacularly. 
I love that President Eyring has addressed this.  I think many of us feel this way.  We want to do good.  Actually, we want to do more than good.  We want to be our best....all the time.  We want our homes to look nice.  We want people to enjoy visiting with us.  We want to cook good nutritious dinners and we want our children to behave and be happy.  Somehow, something always turns out wrong. 
I never thought of the difficulties that I face as a way that Heavenly Father has placed His trust in me.  I never saw myself as being that trustworthy.    Life is really not easy.  I used to think that the Pioneers had it so much harder than I ever would, but now I believe that each generation must accomplish hard things. 
We live in a fast paced world where we are constantly in a state of chaos.  It is hard to pull our families together when the entire world is striving to pull us apart.  We have technology that takes over our daily moments.  We can be reached in an instant.  We have so much going on all the time that there never seems to be enough time to just breathe. 
And so, we trust that the same God who placed us here, knew we were up to the challenges of this time and place.  We trust that He knows who we are and that He will help in every step of the way.
We breathe trust in and we breathe it out and we keep moving forward.
One tiny step at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment